21.10.10

"Day" Two

Alternatively titled, “I Have Lost My Eyesight Like I Said I Would, But I Still Know”

Perhaps the most difficult assignment yet, the word love being conspicuously absent from my vocabulary of late.  What is it that I love?  Icy cold martinis certainly, but that is not the question.  What is there to love?  With all my imperfections an interesting way to start.  Hmm.

My faults are many, and like Ben Franklin was it? I could tackle one a day until I’m Mary Poppins.  But here’s the thing: I like my faults.  I’m perfectly imperfect in every way.  I suppose I could elaborate on this further, but truth is (the idea, anyway) I’m bored with myself.  Onward.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I planned on tackling this 'meme' NaBloPoMo-style in November and have already started writing. Many of them have proven to be more difficult than I'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know why people are expected to want to try to correct everything, as if every so-called fault can't have benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, the only flaw of yours that matters is the one where you live 3000+ miles away from me. That one I'm not so fond of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go home and watch Mary Poppins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when they were playing Mary Poppins at my party? That kinda ruled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES. More bars should play Mary Poppins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the best. I kept stopping conversations and being like "hang on guys, this is the part with the wooden leg named Sue!"

    ReplyDelete