13.10.10

"Day" One.

Alternately titled, “It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right.”



My memory is becoming nonexistent, the result I think of a steady diet of IGNORE and DISTRACT. But the one moment I shall likely remember always is how we felt, you and I both, riding the elevator first floor to fourth, the silence, the chill, the budding hatred that would end up separating and tying us together for just about ever. I know you thought about me last weekend, that you couldn’t help it really, but did you know that I didn’t think about you once? Like, at all? It’s something I’ve gotten inordinately adept at, striking the match and utterly obliterating everything preceding this right here, this one second. From this vantage the horizon is infinite; scorched earth seems the way to go, and all these tiny heartbreaks from that elevator ride on are nothing but dust. And yeah, I suppose there’s something infinitely sad about losing all those memories I so painfully earned, about losing the capacity to be sad really, because what is joy uncontrasted? I don’t know. And if I ever work that out, it will quickly be forgotten.

5 comments:

  1. I think there's a joke here, with the content of your post plus "it takes two to make it out of siiiight" but I can't quite grasp it.

    There's a time for remembering, and a time for the scorched earth policy. You might also find that those memories are only buried and could resurface at a later date. Whether that's good or bad is unclear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this post at all connected to your Dear Old Love on The Collective this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! yeah, totally. i didn't intend for that to happen, though; when i forgot my original collective post i guess my mind automatically hopped back to the last thing i wrote. and then totally forgot the connection. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of when I fell in love with you and then you quit your blog and then I had a FIT and then you showed me to Vox and then The Collective was born. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i keep saying i need to devote some time every day to writing, but then i forget. my bad.

    ReplyDelete