27.10.10

"Day" Three

Alternatively titled, “You Said It Should Tear a Kid Apart; It Does.”

You say I should forgive myself but I’ve done nothing wrong. Or have I? It’s a bit of a haze at this point. The other night I walked living room to kitchen, and at some point the word “oops” was used, and then there he was, chugging my merlot while I spun around in circles with a box of kosher salt in my hand. Oops.

My days are filled with trifles, and beyond these daily oopsies I wonder what grudges I’ve been holding against myself. There have been mistakes, certainly, and rather large, glaring ones at that, but what are mistakes than learning experiences? How do I begrudge myself lessons learned, when it’s great to learn because knowledge is power! and might makes right! and all that jazz! Life is a mystery. Everyone must stand alone. Or not.

So I think it’s pretty clear that perhaps I should have actually looked at the list before embarking on this journey of days. Damn my short-sightedness. I don’t think I can ever forgive myself.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely words. One wonders what they mean, if mean they do.

    Hello, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. short-sightedness is better than no sight at all, perhaps? or, at least i take consolation in being able to see the next drink.

    seems to me every day of remembering other days has some of this. so here's to forgetting, i suppose.

    hi, kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie 'Unforgiven' was really good, though, so maybe being unforgiven isn't such a bad thing after all. At least Clint Eastwood probably thinks so and he seems like a good guy to have in your corner. Unless you're a boxer and he's handling a stool in your corner and you fall on it and break your neck. *sigh*

    Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but the term "daily oopsies," makes me LOL.

    I really liked this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spinning kosher salt in circles is gonna be hell to clean up, that's all I know.

    ReplyDelete