9.11.10

"Day" Seven

Let’s see now, where were we? Ah, yes. What they thought was a perforated bowel was in fact a bleeding liver, and for three days it barely did its thing while doing the other. Dearest dad, of course, spent those three days sickbed-side talking of nothing but deathbeds and why isn’t anyone taking pity on him life is so hard oy. Ask her how she’d answer this and I’m sure she’d laugh until her stitches popped.

As for me it’s highly probable I’d do the same, the very nature of the question beyond a waste of my time. And so I won’t waste any more time on it.

4 comments:

  1. Good lord, how do they confuse a bleeding liver with a perfed bowel?! I want a new internal med. doc for her now, please.

    And anyway, the answer to your dad's hypothetical question is clearly, "A: Because you're a Redskins fan."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mg! left the perfect comment. Seriously, I feel like I just witnessed a miracle.

    ReplyDelete